Bleach Technique

 
Hello!  Lots of cardmaking has been happening behind the scenes...but it's been a slow week on the blog.  Today I'm sharing a few images that have been in my files for a long while and a technique that I'd been saving them for!

The Magnolia 376J is from All Night Media.  I embossed it with black embossing powder on black cardstock.  Then I painted it carefully with bleach.  I love the mottled look that the different amounts of bleach painted on the image gives. 

Thinking of You is 1207-H by River City Rubber Works. I stamped the sentiment and matted my floral image on a page from a book of my son's that fell apart.  He didn't want the book and I couldn't just toss it...so stamping fodder it has become!

Here is another image that I had also embossed with the same technique in mind.  I do not know the company of this stamp...but I thought it worked up well in this technique as well.

I am pretty sure that these were embossed over 10 years ago.  They were waiting so patiently for me in the *flowers folder* and I am sure I never would have thought to use a book to complete my card back then!   I don't kill books on a regular basis...but this one was bought at good will and now is being used to spread good will!  With 398 pages I can spread a lot of good will!! ...and ooh, when I looked to see how many pages I see MAPS in the back!  WHoot!

Comments

Michelle I love these - had never thought to use black embossing on black card for this technique - you have inspired me!!
I have an old dictionary that was bought at a yard sale for me to use on cards - and a hymn book bought at a second hand store!!
Blessings
Maxine
Hi Michelle - just letting you know I case'd your card here:http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.co.nz/2014/06/cased-poppy.html

Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts